Narayana Multispecialty Hospital, Jaipur is a multispecialty hospital offering high quality affordable medical care. It’s the First Hospital of Rajasthan to get a Joint Commission International ( JCI) accreditation for meeting International benchmarks in health care
This was the vision of Dr. Devi Shetty, who believed that no child should be deprived of the best healthcare, because the parents cannot afford it. Caring with Compassion, this world's largest heart hospital for children, is set to be transformed into the world's biggest health city, with all super-specialties that the medical world offers. It’s a promise of the best healthcare that brings succor to all, like the divinity of Narayana’s Vishwarupa that greets everyone in the lobby of the hospital.
Narayana Health City, Bangalore currently covers 26 acres of land with a 1000 bed facility at Narayana Hrudayalaya, 250 bed facility at Sparsh, hospital for Accidents/ Orthopedics/ and Plastic Surgery, 300 bed facility at Narayana Netralaya, a super specialty Eye Hospital and a 500 bed facility for the Cancer Hospital, scheduled to be inaugurated in 10 months (The Cancer hospital is a joint venture between Narayana Hrudayalaya and Kiran Mazumdar Shaw of Biocon Foundation).
Our interventional cardiologist strongly believe in primary interventions on an acute heart attack with medicated stent for all victims. They have vast experience in treating the victims of heart attack. We also conduct post-doctor courses in Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology & Pediatric Cardiology in association with National Board of Examinations, Delhi.
More and more aneurysms of the aorta are getting amendable from endovascular stent grafting rather than a major surgery. Our team is one of the most experienced in the field of treating complex aneurysm of the aorta with endovascular stent grafting. Narayana Hrudayalaya in association with various hospitals conducts joint discussions via telemedicine for individual patient management.
Pediatric Cardiology & Interventions
Narayana Hrudayalaya has a very well rounded, well trained and active Pediatric Cardiac team. Our Pediatric Cardiologists are adept at complex echocardiograms as well as non surgical interventions in the catherterization lab such as ASD, PDA and VSD closures. It is their good clinical acumen and outstanding echo and cath lab skills that have helped build us into a world class referral center for children with heart disease.
Kidney damage goes unnoticed in the early stages, as there are no. alarming symptoms. Early stages of kidney disease are easily manageable. Unfortunately, in most cases, the problem comes to light only when the kidney functions have dropped to such a level that the patients require drastic measures like dialysis or transplantation.
Public Health Services in India do not provide for free or subsidized dialysis or transplantation facilities. Apart from being painful, the ESRD treatment is also very expensive. Alertness and care on part of patients may help contain progression of kidney disease.
In tune with our mission to provide world-class health care to the masses, we are appending Nephrology services to our existing setup. The Narayana Institute of Nephrology will help provide top-notch services in Nephro-Urology, Dialysis and Renal care.
Renal Disease- The Present Scenario
The present level of care for Nephro-Urological diseases in India is grossly insufficient. At the hospital level, the situation is equally inadequate. Only 22% of hospitals claim proficiency in Urological services and an additional 14% claim to offer some minimal Nephro-Urological care.
• There are more than 20 lakh patients with renal failure in the country.
• In India alone, there are 1 lakh new cases of End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) requiring treatment every year.
• The demand for dialysis alone will be around 9 lakh cases apart from the existing patients.
• Only 5% of these patients get a kidney transplant.
• Less than 2% can avail dialysis treatment.
• Less than 0.5% can afford peritoneal dialysis.
• There are only about 150 qualified nephrologists and 2000 urologists in the entire country (2/10th to 2/15th of all doctors)
• One out of every three girls and one out of every five boys will have a urinary tract infection (UTI) before the age of 11 years.
• A child's kidney is more vulnerable to infections and damage in the first two years of its life.
• Department of Nuclear Medicine for Radioisotope Renal Perfusion Scans
• Fully functioning Department of Radiology for invasive and non-invasive studies of the Renal systems
• Catheterization Laboratories for renal Angiogram and Angioplasty
• Telemedicine and Telehealth Program for Nephrology Consultation in remote areas.
• Department of Laboratory Medicine with the high tech Blood Bank with facilities for component separation and preservation.